Thursday, October 10, 2019

Gone Fishin'

I'm bumping this to the top of the queue in honor of the fact that I've gone fishin'. Well, not quite. I've gone camping. So there'll be no blogging 'till I get back Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Meanwhile, give a listen to Pops and Bing.
* * * * * 




Lyrics, some spoken, but most sung:

Bing Crosby: I'll tell you why I can't find you Every time I go out to your place (singing starts) you've gone fishin'
Louis Armstrong: How do you know
Bing Crosby: Well there's a sign upon your door
Louis Armstrong: Uh-huh
Bing Crosby: Gone fishin'
Louis Armstrong: I'm real gone man
Bing Crosby: You ain't workin' anymore
Louis Armstrong: Could be
Bing Crosby: There's your hoe out in the sun/ Where you left a row half done/ You claim that hoein' ain't no fun
Louis Armstrong: Well I can prove it
Bing Crosby: You ain't got no ambition/ Gone fishin'.../ by a shady wady pool
Louis Armstrong: Shangrila, really la
Bing Crosby: I'm wishin' I could be that kind of fool
Louis Armstrong: Should I twist your arm?
Bing Crosby: I'd say no more work for mine
Louis Armstrong: Welcome to the club
Bing Crosby: On my door I'd hang a sign Gone fishin'/... instead of just a-wishin

Louis and Bing: Papa Bing, Yes Louis? Louis Armstrong: I stopped by your place a time or two lately and you aren't home either
Bing Crosby: Well, I'm a busy man Louis. I got a lotta big deals cookin' I was probably tied up at the studio.

Louis Armstrong: You weren't tied up dog
You was just plain old...Gone fishin'
Bing Crosby: bah-boo-bah-boo-bah-boo-bah-boo-bah

Louis Armstrong: There's a sign upon your door
Bing Crosby: Pops, don't blab it around, will you?
Louis Armstrong: Gone fishin'
Bing Crosby: Keep it shady, I got me a big one staked out
Louis Armstrong: Mmm, you ain't workin' anymore
Bing Crosby: I don't have to work, I got me a piece of Gary*
Louis Armstrong: Cows need milkin' in the barn
Bing Crosby: I have the twins on that detail, they each take a side
Louis Armstrong: But you just don't give a darn
Bing Crosby: Give 'em four bits a cow and hand lotion
Louis Armstrong: You just never seem to learn
Bing Crosby: Man, you taught me
Louis Armstrong: You ain't got no ambition
Bing Crosby: You're convincin' me
Louis Armstrong: Gone fishin'
Bing Crosby: bah-boo-dah-do-dah-do-dah-do
Louis Armstrong: Got your hound dog by your side
Bing Crosby: That's old cindy-lou goin' with me
Louis Armstrong :Gone fishin'
Bing Crosby: mmm-hmm-hmm-hmm-hmm
Louis Armstrong: Fleas are bitin' at his hide
Bing Crosby: Get away from me boy, you bother me

Bing Crosby: Mmm, folks won't find us now because
Louis and Bing: Mister satch and mister crosb
Bing Crosby: We gone fishin'... Instead of just a-wishin'
Louis Armstrong: Bah-boo-baby-bah-boo-bah-bay-m­mm-bo-bay
Louis and Bing: Oh yeah!

*Gary Indiana. There used to be major steel mills there.

No comments:

Post a Comment